Monday, May 12, 2014

Modelling my Character

I had a little trouble at the start when it came to the Zspheres but I played around a bit with it and it fixed itself in the end.
Started with Zspheres

Adapted Skin
Shaping the stomach area, hip bones and the spine

Adding ribs and collar bones to give a malnourished effect 

Shaping the legs; slim but muscular 

A start on the arms and developing the face

Close up of face so far
Feet with minimal modelling

Developing the feet. Design only has two toes and one toenail on each foot.
Start of modelling the left hand

The symmetry stopped working when I wanted to model the hand. I tried Googling it and asking my class mates but I couldn't figure it out. So I just modelled the one hand. At the moment I am trying to figure out if I can somehow duplicate the hand to the other side but I am struggling with finding that out too. 
Modelling hands is extremely challenging and I don't know if this part will turn out all right or not.
Model with hands and feet completed. 



I couldn't duplicate it so I had to make another one *sigh* I'm happy with my progress so far.
Now time to tweak certain features and add some detail!
Also I've named him: Taffy.
Slight alterations to the face. Thicker front of face, more pronounced nostrils.
The final model

I finished adding detailing to him and I'm really happy with the final model. I have been looking at the colours that come with Zbrush and I've narrowed it down to these colours so far.
Option 1.                                                   Option 2.                                             Option 3.                                           Option 4. 

I think the lighter I go, the less detail is seen. Red shows the detailing really nicely whereas the skin tones lose it. I thought fleshy tones would work and give him a creepy feel but I don't want to risk losing all my work and details because of it. 
I asked my Character Design class and the majority thought I should go with the second option. I am leaning towards this colour and experimenting with mixing with skin tones and also the charcoal colour seen in option 3. 
Adding veins to the feet
Detailing to the calves, adding veins



FINAL MODEL -without texture

No comments:

Post a Comment