Friday, May 16, 2014

Creature Inspirations

Going back

I realised I was restricting myself too much by just the cultural influences before. I found it hard to develop any of my ideas and create new ones. I went back and remembered that this character is meant to be a creature -not an extremely stylised Asian influenced work.


Body shapes
Here I like the body shapes and styles. These creations have more joints in their legs and arms than a human and I like that idea. I will experiment with this idea.


An extra mouth or extended mouth
The idea of having an extra mouth oran elongated one interests me but I don't know if it is too much of an aggressive approach to a Shinigami. I wan't him to look creepy rather than scary and dangerous.


Multiple eyes

Having more than two eyes is an idea that might work. Although I was thinking it reminds me too much of spiders and I want to stay away from the influence of animals/insect influence. 

Skin types and flaws

Exploring the skin approaches I can take. I want a thin, malnourished creature with maybe some burns scarring. I want him to have a vivid spine and ribs -wherever bones can stick out, I want them to be poking through the skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment