Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cultural Inspiration for Character

A Shinigami is a part of the Japanese culture but instead of keeping to Japan influenced ideas, I explored the idea to extend it to other countries of Asia. I feel they all have a similar style but are drastically different at the same time.
I am hoping to incorporate different peices of clothing from each culture and also combine their own stylisation of animals that they paint too. An example of this is the traditional Chinese way of drawing a dog.
I researched Asian Gods and Demons to compare and contrast them against each other. I also researched different Asian warriors as I find their clothing interesting and I think that the personality behind my character would be quite tough too -this could communicate this idea.

Influential Imagery:

Thai: 
Thai God Painting                                                                Thai God Statue
Thai Warrior                                                                                       Traditional Thai clothing
Thai God                                                                              Thai Crown


Chinese: 
Traditional interpretation of dogs                                                                    A Chinese Warrior
A Chinese Warrior                                                                               Warrior Inspired by Traditional Chinese Warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment