Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Developing my Character

Left; More silhouettes to help mild my character.
Right; First Design concept. I like the back curve and his body but the head is too dog like
Left; Concept 2. I decided to develop this design further
Right; Development 1 & 2. 

 I elongated his arms because I felt he was too shy and timid looking before with short arms. The long, skinny arms I kept but I felt he was still a bit of an awkward looking creature but not in a good way.
I experimented with the legs in the development 2. This made the character too complicated and even more awkward looking. 


"Final" Design

"Final" Design


 I like my character's face here and I don't think I'll change it. I originally was quite happy with my characters body but still felt there was something about it that didn't look quite right. I asked my character design class what they thought and I got feedback about having a thicker stomach so his back sits better and also having a bend to his legs. I agreed with them and made the changes. 

Final Design

I thickened him up a bit but I still wanted him to have that malnourished feel to him. I left his arms really slim and although I made his legs more toned, they're still slim too. I added a droopy stomach to give more character too. 
Final Design

No comments:

Post a Comment